A lot of work has to be done to make Thanksgiving happen for your coworkers, friends, and family every year. Cleaning is probably not your number one priority for the big day let us help you get it out of the way so you can have a stress free day. So if you’re having an office party, or the whole family over to your house or just an intimate Friendsgiving, here are some cleaning tips to keep in mind:
The Week Before Thanksgiving
- Clean and organize your refrigerator. Take charge of your fridge, leave no condiment left unturned. Prepare for the leftovers to come.
- Organize your coat closet, have a good amount of space for your friends and family. If all else fails, use your bedroom.
- Take care of any outdoor chores, a clean yard is your first impression.
- Make sure all your not often used utensils are cleaned.
- Be sure to organize your house and pull out extra chairs and that fold out table if you need it. Look at the flow of your furniture you may need to restructure to accommodate however many people you will be entertaining.
- Time to tackle all those surfaces that need polishing, dusting, sweeping, and mopping.
- Deep clean all toilets, showers, sinks, ovens, stovetops, exhaust fans, and windows.
- Touch up bathrooms – wipe mirrors, toilets, and faucets.
- Give dusting another go, along with vacuuming and sweeping. Be sure you vacuum the day before Thanksgiving for optimal cleanliness.
- Set the table – setting the table well before dinner will keep you from having one more thing to do. Make sure your utensils are easily accessible
- Put any decorations and candles.
- Run and empty the dishwasher.
The Day of Thanksgiving
- Take out the trash before everyone arrives.
- Double down on wiping the stove.
- Make sure any area where guests may congregate is wiped down and cleared of dust.
Thanksgiving and the holiday season can be a stressful time. But the time spent with those whose relationships you hold dear is much more rewarding. Taking the time to make sure your home or office is ready for the holidays will be a big help.
You don’t want to end up being like this.