Cleaning the inside of your Dishwasher
Some might say you’re crazy to think you need to clean the inside of your dishwasher, but you really do. We recommend you clean your dishwasher at least once a month to ensure it runs and cleans properly. You can clean and deodorize your dishwasher in a few simple steps. It’s very inexpensive and your dishes will come out better than ever.
What you need:
- Distilled white vinegar
- Baking soda
- Lemon essential oils (optional)
- Remove the bottom rack and spray the inside of the dishwasher with vinegar.
- Wipe down the seal and inside with a clean cloth.
- Replace the bottom rack and pour 1 cup of vinegar into the bottom of the dishwasher.
- Add 1 cup of baking soda to the bottom of your dishwasher. Add 3 drops of lemon essential oils for freshness.
- Run your dishwasher on the light cycle.
Your relationship with your dishwasher is an important one. They save you time and keep you healthy. Cleaning your dishwasher once a month will deter mold and mildew from forming, and ensure your dishes stay clean. This method not only disinfects but also helps clean the plumbing that is connected to your dishwasher.
Thank you for taking the time to check out our blog. We hope this tip is helpful to you and we hope you have a very happy holiday. Please keep an eye out for future tips and how to’s this 12 Days of Cleanness. Don’t forget to participate in our #RandomActsOfCleanness campaign this year by posting a video or image of you performing a random act of cleanness to Instagram with the tag #RandomActsOfCleanness and we will donate 5 dollars per post to the Salvation Army. Thank you and happy holidays!